The festive period is a ideal opportunity for burglars to strike.
During the busy christmas season domestic burglaries increase by 25% according to the stats, we are all in and out visting relatives and attending those christmas parties and our household value increases due to those new presents under the tree.
With each brit spending a huge average of £530 on christmas, with £218 of that on gifts for other people, our homes start to fill up with all the latest gifts and gadgets which only gets the kids excited!!!.
With that in mind here are a few home security tips....
1. Make sure criminals can't see all the presents through any windows or doors, if poosible hide them away somewhere until xmas eve night.
2. If you're going away for xmas, make sure your house looks lived in. Put lights on a timer so they come on when your not there, a simple thing like this can deter burglars.
3. Ask a neighbour to keep an eye on your property if your out for a long period, even get them to park their car in your driveway to make it look like someon's at home.
4. Make sure all windows and doors are locked properly when leaving the house. Leaving a window slightly open can give the burglar the temptation that they need..
5. Dont leave ripped up packaging buried in outside bins, so criminals cant see what new gifts have been added to your household.
6. Burglars know where to look for hidden keys near the front entrance of your property, dont hide spare keys under the mat, under rocks or in flowerpots. Leave a key with a trusted neighbour.
7. Make sure you secure your outbuildings and sheds with heavy duty weatherproof padlocks. There are some great products on the market to help us protect our expensive garden tools etc.
8. And finally, something we shaould all do anyway, make sure all your doors and windows are fitted with secure working locks. External upvc or wooden doors should be fitted with locks that have british standard kitemark BS3621
If you have any questions on any of this or need a new british standard lock fitted then please call A.R Locksmiths on: 07813842390
Ncfe Level 3 Qualified Locksmith