I was contacted this week by a couple of other companies regarding their blogs and if i would mention them in mine.
After reading both blogs i thought they brought up some interesting points about security to your home which i wanted to get across to others.
One company that contacted me was Selling up, they are an Independant business who guide you on how to sell your property with maximum profit and minimum stress. Give it a read, its very interesting.
The other company was home security month who dicided to use some software to ask a 1000 of its website visitors a very simple question.
What do you do when you hear a burglar alarm ringing in your neighbourhood?
So what would you do if you heard a burglar alarm going off in your local area. Again, click on the link below and find out the answer to the question?
Feel free to reply to this blog as i would be interested to here what you thought of the blogs.
And if you need any help with any security around your property then please call A.R Locksmiths on 07813842390
The festive period is a ideal opportunity for burglars to strike.
During the busy christmas season domestic burglaries increase by 25% according to the stats, we are all in and out visting relatives and attending those christmas parties and our household value increases due to those new presents under the tree.
With each brit spending a huge average of £530 on christmas, with £218 of that on gifts for other people, our homes start to fill up with all the latest gifts and gadgets which only gets the kids excited!!!.
With that in mind here are a few home security tips....
1. Make sure criminals can't see all the presents through any windows or doors, if poosible hide them away somewhere until xmas eve night.
2. If you're going away for xmas, make sure your house looks lived in. Put lights on a timer so they come on when your not there, a simple thing like this can deter burglars.
3. Ask a neighbour to keep an eye on your property if your out for a long period, even get them to park their car in your driveway to make it look like someon's at home.
4. Make sure all windows and doors are locked properly when leaving the house. Leaving a window slightly open can give the burglar the temptation that they need..
5. Dont leave ripped up packaging buried in outside bins, so criminals cant see what new gifts have been added to your household.
6. Burglars know where to look for hidden keys near the front entrance of your property, dont hide spare keys under the mat, under rocks or in flowerpots. Leave a key with a trusted neighbour.
7. Make sure you secure your outbuildings and sheds with heavy duty weatherproof padlocks. There are some great products on the market to help us protect our expensive garden tools etc.
8. And finally, something we shaould all do anyway, make sure all your doors and windows are fitted with secure working locks. External upvc or wooden doors should be fitted with locks that have british standard kitemark BS3621
If you have any questions on any of this or need a new british standard lock fitted then please call A.R Locksmiths on: 07813842390
On a weekly basis i get calls for people who are having problems with their upvc doors and windows.
A.R Locksmiths are specialist in upvc repairs, whether its replacing parts or just making a few adjustments then we can complete the job for you at the lowest price possible.
If you do find that you are having problems with your doors or windows then call your local locksmith straight away so they can make your property secure again.
Dont comprimise the security of your home and leave the problem any longer than you have to as the problem will only get worse, and if we can get to the problem early then there's a better chance that we can repair it without replacing any parts.
There are many products on the market which are improving all the time, you can add extra security to your upvc doors and windows, sash jammers, restrictors, multi purpose bolts, and patio door security, these products will all strengthen your upvc doors and windows and i cant recommend them enough.
If you need a locksmith to repair your upvc products in Essex, please call A.R locksmiths and we will be round as soon as possible to sort out the problem.
We cover all towns in the essex area, call 07813842390
I increased my advertising for the Auto locksmith side of my company last week and luckily it paid off.
Ncfe Level 3 Qualified Locksmith